Choosing the Right Keywords and Campaign Strategies to Fit Your Goals and Budget
When choosing keywords, you want to select the ones that will provide you with the highest possible return on investment (ROI). When researching keywords, follow these tips:
- Keywords should be very specific. General terms may generate more traffic but will not lead to more conversions which essentially is a waste of money.
- Keywords should be relevant to what you are offering.
- Put yourself in your customer’s shoes. What terms or phrases would you enter if you were looking for your products or services?
- The keywords you choose should be linked to the wording in your advertisement. This should also match terms found on your landing page. It should all be cohesive.
- Be sure to list variations of what you are offering. Your customers may call your product by different names, so be sure to include these as well.
When choosing your campaign strategies, you must first determine your goals. This will affect how you set up your campaigns. What are you hoping to achieve? You can choose from clicks, impressions, conversions, or views. Once you have chosen which action you want viewers to take, you must decide on a budget.
Your budget will depend heavily on how much you are willing and able to pay to acquire each customer. Other factors go into play, such as how much is in your marketing budget.